BREAKING: Over 300 DEAD

Like this article?

Iraqi F-16 fighter jets. File photo.

Dean James AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS –

Baghdad – ISIS News Today

More than 300 Islamic State militants have been killed in five days of brutal airstrikes on the terrorist group’s locations in the Anbar province, according to the Interior Ministry’s intelligence service.

According to the intelligence cell, strikes by the Iraqi air forces killed 306 Islamic State members  from September 11th to 16th. The strikes hit targets in Akashat, Qaim, and Annah regions, the statement said.

Earlier on Sunday, Alghad Press quoted a source saying that army troops opened al-Sakra barricade, opening the road to the ISIS-held town of Annah preparing for a “liberation offensive”.

Mohamed Mostafa at Iraqi News reports that the Islamic State militants have held the towns of Annah, Rawa and Qaim, on Anbar’s western borders with Syria, since 2014, holding thousands of civilians there. Security reinforcements have reportedly been sent recently near those towns preparing for an attack against the group.

On Saturday, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi issued a statement congratulating the nation for the recapture of Akashat region, west of Anbar, in a “snap operation” which he said left hundreds of militants dead.

Since the Iraqi government has launched operations in October 2016 to retake ISIS-held cities, the troops, backed by a U.S.-lead coalition and paramilitary troops have managed so far to recapture Mosul, Islamic State’s former capital, and the town of Tal Afar, west of Mosul.

God Bless.

FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!

TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Dean James III% AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS

 Please share this on all Social Media!

Like this article?

Facebook Comments

Our Privacy Policy has been updated to support the latest regulations.Click to learn more.×