BREAKING: Terrorist Attack Leaves 15 DEAD So Far, Death Toll RISING- Here’s What We Know

Like this article?


Idlib, SYRIA — The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported, on Saturday, that more than 15 persons were either killed or wounded in a car bomb blast in Idlib Province.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights revealed that a booby trapped vehicle exploded near Dawar al-Mehrab, in Idlib Province, killing one person and injuring more than 15 others.

The number of deaths are expected to increase due to the severe injuries of the casualties, the SOHR added.

Meanwhile in Aleppo, Syrian regime forces launched several rockets on the areas of al-Zarba Town, in the southern countryside of the province, causing material damage, but no casualties were reported, SOHR explained.

The Syrian regime also shelled the areas of Abu Ghana Village, in the southern countryside of Aleppo, while Syrian warplanes carried out air strikes on the villages of al-Rashadiyah and Ramla in Jabal al-Has area, in the southern countryside of the province; however, no casualties were reported Iraqi News reported.

Meanwhile in Anbar, IRAQ at least 16 Islamic State militants were arrested, while 160 IEDs were found in Anbar, Iraqi News reports.

“Security troops and tribes managed to arrest fifteen ISIS members, while checking identities of families in Rawa, western Anbar,” the source told Baghdad Today website.

In related news, Eastern Anbar Operations Command confiscated 160 explosives that were planted by ISIS in al-Karma region, east of Anbar.

In press remarks, Maj. Gen. Saad al-Harbiya, indicated reports over presence of booby-trapped jerrycans in al-Harariyat region in al-Karma, east of Fallujah.

Army troops, according to Harbiyah, managed to remove the explosives.

Earlier on the day, Na’eem al-Kaoud, head of Anbar provincial council’s security committee, told the Russian Sputnik agency that sixteen ISIS members were killed on Friday during battles in Rawa.

Brig. Gen. Yehia Rasool, spokesperson for the Joint Operations Command, announced on Friday, achieving “great victory” in Rawa, stressing that advance will resume in the depth of desert toward the Syrian borders.

Iraqi Interior Minister said that the military presence of ISIS is over after the liberation of Rawa in western Anbar.

The War Media Cell said operations launched on the dawn of Friday for the “liberation of Rawa”.

Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi announced, earlier this month, liberation of Qaim in record time. Troops also freed Ebeidi and Krabla regions in western Anbar.

Operations were launched, late October, to liberate Qaim and Rawa towns. Both have been held by the extremist group since 2014, when it occupied one third of Iraq to proclaim a self-styled Islamic “Caliphate”.




FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!

Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter!

Like this article?

Facebook Comments