18 DEAD, 30 Seriously WOUNDED After Tour Bus BLOWS UP

Like this article?

Dean James AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS –

take our poll - story continues below

Should Brett Kavanaugh withdraw over sexual misconduct allegations?

  • Should Brett Kavanaugh withdraw over sexual misconduct allegations?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to AFF updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

 

German authorities have confirmed that 18 people were killed Monday in a fiery bus crash, which also left 30 others injured, some of them seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW

The tour bus carrying 48 people slammed into a truck on a highway in Germany, bursting into flames, police said. Authorities said the 18 people were “believed to have died on the burning bus.”

“It’s clear now that all 18 of the missing people on the bus died in the accident,” police said in a statement on on Twitter.

Alexander Dobrindt, Germany’s minister of transport, said that 11 bodies had been retrieved from the crash site so far, and a search for the remains of the seven other victims was under way, Al Jazeera reports.

The blaze was so powerful “that only steel parts are still recognizable on the bus, and from that you can understand what it means for the people on this bus,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW

2 people are reportedly in critical condition.

Authorities said forensic specialists were being brought in from Germany’s federal police office to remove and identify the bodies from the charred vehicle.

Some 200 emergency workers were deployed to the site, including firefighters, rescue workers and police, while south-bound traffic on the motorway remained blocked.

Several helicopters and ambulances were on the scene to rescue the injured and the A9 highway was closed in both directions because of the accident.

ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW

According to the Bild newspaper, the coach was travelling from the eastern region of Lausitz and heading for Nuremberg.

Police said that the 48 people on the bus were aged between 41 and 81 and were mainly from the eastern state of Saxony.

The accident is one of the worst to hit Germany.

Absolutely tragic.

Our hearts and prayers go out to all those involved.

FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!

Like this article?

Facebook Comments