ALERT: If You Have “Fidget Spinners” In Your Home- Throw Them Away NOW- New DEADLY Issue Just Discovered That Will KILL Your Child


As America’s Freedom Fighters has reported, a new toy called the ‘Fidget Spinner’ has become extremely popular and is being sold as a type of “stress-relieving” toy but it turns out that these toys are extremely dangerous for many reasons.

Researchers testing a broad array of the fidget spinners have found an alarming amount of toxic contaminants that may prove deadly in the hands of kids across America.


And that’s not all. These pieces of crap can fall apart and pose a dangerous choking hazard!

take our poll - story continues below

Whom do you consider to be the most corrupt Democrat Politician?

  • Whom do you consider to be the most corrupt Democrat Politician?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to AFF updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

An Indiana firefighter is warning parents about fidget spinners, a popular fad toy, after his daughter nearly choked on a metal piece that flew off, Fox News reported.

The child was spinning her fidget spinner while sitting in the backseat of the car when one of the metal bearings broke off and flew into her mouth, according to a Thursday Facebook post on Dacatur Township Fire Department’s page:

“Do your kids have a fidget spinner?


Recently a DTFD Firefighter had a scary incident with his own child.

Here’s his story “She was in the back seat spinning it and talking. It broke out of the holder, flew in her mouth, and lodged in her throat. I did about 5 minutes of back blows and with her coughing it became dislodged and went to her stomach. 911 was called and she was treated and released from the hospital”.

Thankfully this turned out well, but please be aware that it can be a choking hazard.”

A photo of an x-ray showed the metal piece stuck in the girl’s stomach.

Fidget spinners, made of plastic, metal and a ball bearing, have become the must-have toy of the year, hitting store shelves and online retailers starting this spring. The toy was first seen as a popular item for people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism. They have since been banned in many classrooms after teachers claimed they were more of a distraction than a helpful tool.

Parents also said the toys pose as a potential choking hazard.

In May, part of a fidget spinner lodged into a Texas girl’s throat while she was cleaning it with her mouth.


As America’s Freedom Fighters previously reported, one mother named Kelly Rose Joniec wrote about her experience on Facebook and it’s something every parent needs to see.

Here is her post in it’s entirety:

“We had a pretty eventful Saturday.

On the way home from a fun swim meet, I heard Britton make an odd retching noise in the back seat as I was driving. Looking back in the mirror, I saw her face turning red and drool pouring from her mouth – she could utter noises but looked panicked so I immediately pulled over. She pointed to her throat saying she’d swallowed something, so I attempted Heimlich but there was no resistance. She said she’d put part of her fidget spinner in her mouth to clean it and somehow swallowed it.

Frantic, I went straight to urgent care where they checked her for choking. They couldn’t discern where the foreign object was located – along the airway or the esophagus. From there we got the red-light treatment via ambulance ? to Texas Children’s Hospital.

X-ray showed the spinner bushing lodged in her esophagus. The GI doctor was fascinated…he’d only just learned of fidget spinners that morning when he was at the mall with his son, so it was a surprise to be faced with one in a case a few hours later. He’s also an advocate for related child safety in toys, so he took a special interest in the case.

After multiple, very stressful attempts to place an IV, Britton was taken to surgery to endoscopically locate and remove the object. Fortunately we had a positive outcome, but it was pretty scary there for a while…not only because of the initial ingestion, but then the concern about the composition and structure of the object, and finally, the risk with general anesthesia.

From this I wish to offer some word of caution to parents. Fidget spinners are the current craze so they are widely distributed. Kids of all ages may be getting them, but not all spinners come with age-appropriate warnings. The bushings pop out easily, so if you have young kids (under 8 yr old) keep in mind that these present a potential choking hazard.

[Sidenote: I certainly wasn’t looking for an excuse to tour the brand new Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands but this was a pretty effective way. Staff was great and the facility is very nice…but a little quiet on Saturday afternoons.]”

And as America’s Freedom Fighters reported, many of the fidget spinners have found an alarming amount of toxic contaminants which can prove to be deadly.

The spinners, which use ballbearings and balanced blades to rotate, are often produced overseas in countries that do not implement strict quality controls. Now, researchers have said that the toys may contain dangerous amounts of lead if they’re being brought in from places like China.

This alert does not impact all of the fidget spinners.  The problem is that we cannot say which toys are impacted.

Unfortunately, since there aren’t any patents preventing the production of the toys, anyone can manufacture them from anywhere.

Here’s what advocates had to say:

Rubin, an independent lead poisoning prevention advocate, first tested three fidget spinners sent to her by a friend with an XRF instrument. Two were lead-free, but one had very high levels of lead and some mercury. She then disassembled a fidget spinner with LED lights and found both lead and mercury. She found 19,000 parts per million (ppm) of lead and 1,000 ppm of mercury.

These numbers are sobering because scientists consider under 90 ppm of lead to be the safe threshold in children’s toys, according to Rubin. But the paint on the LED light spinner contained 334 ppm of lead and 155 ppm of mercury in one test. The unpainted metal base contained 1,562 ppm of mercury and 2,452 ppm of lead.

Rubin later tested six more fidget spinners and found a $31 from Yomaxer that contained 42,800 ppm of lead. She noted ordinary consumers won’t have access to an XRF instrument, which can cost around $50,000. She recommends avoiding fidget spinners available for purchase and instead making your own, such as a fidget spinner out of LEGOs.

Just last week, 200,000 units of of the popular toy were seized by EU customs officials for failing to adhere to the health standards set by the Union.

Parents should make every effort to source the manufacturer of the product they are purchasing in order to determine whether the toys their children are handling are safe for them.

Source- AFF

FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!

Please share this with all of your friends- it could save their children’s lives.

Facebook Has Banned Us!

The leftists at Facebook decided they didn’t like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn’t want you to see!

Disqus Comments