ALERT: If You Find A Tennis Ball On The Ground This Weekend, Do NOT Pick It Up… Here’s Why [VIDEO]

ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW

 

Dean James AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS –

Most of us own dogs and you know how much our buddies LOVE to play ball! But during the Fourth of July weekend authorities have an important warning that could save your best friend’s life.

Police are issuing warnings about homemade fireworks — “tennis ball bombs” in particular.

ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW
take our poll - story continues below

Whom do you consider to be the most corrupt Democrat Politician?

  • Whom do you consider to be the most corrupt Democrat Politician?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to AFF updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Here’s how it works. People take the insides of fireworks out, put the explosive material in objects such as pipes, ping pong balls or tennis balls, add a wick and then set them off — sometimes with disastrous consequences.

ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW
ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW

“Some of them are very effective and dangerous, and some of them don’t work, but you don’t know,” Jarod Kasner, public information officer for the Kent Police Department in Washington state, told CBS News. “People light them, leave them thinking it’s a dud, but who knows what’s happening on the inside. Then a dog comes and picks it up…”

That’s why police departments like Kent are warning residents to be cautious if they see an abandoned item.

11297

In 2000, a Portland man was reportedly on a walk with his dog when he spotted a tennis ball in the grass. Without giving it a second thought, the man picked up the ball and tossed it to the pup.

When the dog bit down, the ball exploded, CBS Sacramento reports; the pet had to be euthanized immediately.

“If it doesn’t go ‘boom’ some people just walk away from it,” Kasner said. “Unfortunately, dogs pick up everything up in their mouth and bring it to you.”

There’s a serious hazard for people, too, Kasner explained, because there’s a chance the explosive ball could go off in your hand.

“It could be smoldering on the inside and when you move it around that’s when it goes off,” Kasner said.

If you see a ball or any other household item that looks burnt or has a wick or tape attached to it, don’t touch it, police warn.

Instead, call 911 and wait for police and fire officials to investigate.

(h/t Western Journalism)

God Bless.

 

Please share this on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook Has Banned Us!

The leftists at Facebook decided they didn’t like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn’t want you to see!


Facebook Comments