BREAKING: Islamic Hideout BLOWN UP- Here’s The Details

Like this article?

Dean James III% AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS –

take our poll - story continues below

Should Brett Kavanaugh withdraw over sexual misconduct allegations?

  • Should Brett Kavanaugh withdraw over sexual misconduct allegations?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to AFF updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Diyala, IRAQ — Iraqi troops destroyed an ISIS hideout and dismantled three bombs east of Baqubah, Diyala, a military commander was quoted saying.

ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Speaking to AlSumaria News, Commander of Tigris Operations Maj. Gen. Mazhar al-Azzawi said, “A joint Iraqi force managed to destroy a main hideout of IS fighters south of Kanaan city, some 20 km east of Baquba.”

“The underground hotbed was used for storing foodstuffs and explosives,” he said, adding that three nearby explosives were also defused.

Earlier in the day, the Tigris Operations Command announced launching a wide-scale operation to liberate villages south of Kanaan from Islamic State terrorists.

ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW

In October, Iraqi troops regained full control on Hamreen mountains that stretch out between Diyala and Kirkuk provinces, Iraqi News reported.

Iraqi troops, backed by a U.S.-led military coalition and paramilitary troops, managed to retake several Islamic State strongholds including Mosul and Tal Afar in Nineveh, Hawija in Kirkuk and Annah in Anbar. Only Anbar’s Rawa currently remain in ISIS grip.

Meanwhile, in Anbar  at least 16 ISIS militants were killed during the liberation of the group’s last stronghold in western Anbar, an official was quoted saying on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT - STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Speaking to Russian Sputnik news agency, Na’eem al-Kaoud, head of Anbar provincial council’s security committee, said troops killed sixteen ISIS members on Friday during battles in Rawa.

Brig. Gen. Yehia Rasool, spokesperson for the Joint Operations Command, announced in a statement on Friday, achieving “great victory” in Rawa, stressing that advance will resume in the depth of desert toward the Syrian borders.

Iraqi Interior Minister has said that the military presence of ISIS is over after the liberation of Rawa in western Anbar.

The War Media Cell said operations launched on the dawn of Friday for the “liberation of Rawa”.

Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi announced, earlier this month, liberation of Qaim in record time. Troops also freed Ebeidi and Krabla regions in western Anbar.

Operations were launched, late October, to liberate Qaim and Rawa towns. Both have been held by the extremist group since 2014, when it occupied one third of Iraq to proclaim a self-styled Islamic “Caliphate”.

According to United Nations counts, the war against IS has displaced five million people.

As many as 114 Iraqi civilians were killed, while 244 others were wounded as result of terrorism, violence and armed conflicts, according to a monthly release by the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI).

TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Dean James III% AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS

FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!

Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter!

Like this article?

Facebook Comments