LONDON — An explosion on a London Underground train this morning has become the fifth terror attack to hit Britain in 2017.  A crude device exploded on a crowded London Underground train, injuring at least 29 commuters, causing panic, disrupting service and drawing a heavy response from armed police officers and emergency workers.

A massive manhunt is underway for any suspects linked to the bucket bomb that detonated on the packed subway train during Friday morning rush hour.

Police quickly called the explosion on the District Line train at Parsons Green station a “terrorist incident.” It was the fifth terrorist attack in Britain this year.

The device exploded at 8:20 a.m. on an eastbound District Line train leaving the Parsons Green station in Southwest London.

Police said they have not arrested anyone in connection to the bombing but hundreds of detectives were trying to hunt down the perpetrator or perpetrators, Fox News reports.

The Metropolitan Police force said police “are making fast-time inquiries to establish who was responsible and are working closely with the security services.”

Counterterrorism policing chief Mark Rowley said hundreds of detectives were scanning surveillance camera footage, carrying out forensic work and speaking to witnesses.

“This was a detonation of an improvised explosive device,” Rowley of the Metropolitan Police said at a news conference. He urged anyone who had seen what happened, or had taken photos or videos of the bombing, to come forward.

Scotland Yard said an improvised explosive device was used in the attack, and London’s Metropolitan Police counter-terrorism unit was also investigating; however, police did not immediately provide any details on any suspects.

The ambulance service said at least one of the injuries was thought to be serious or life-threatening and most of the injuries were flash burns.

Passengers reported seeing people with burns to their faces and bodies after the “massive flash of flames” on the tube station.

Explosive experts told the Daily Mail that they were investigating the bucket and said if it exploded properly it could have killed dozens of people. The BBC reported that the homemade device contained a timer.

President Trump tweeted-
“Another attack in London by a loser terrorist.These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!”

“Loser terrorists must be dealt with in a much tougher manner.The internet is their main recruitment tool which we must cut off & use better!”

It was the fifth terrorist attack in Britain this year, following a vehicular and knife attack near Parliament in March, a suicide bombing at a rock concert in Manchester in May, and a van and knife attack around London Bridge and a van attack outside a London mosque, both in June, The New York Times reported.

Taken together, the terrorist violence has been the deadliest on British soil since July 7, 2005, when suicide bombers set off explosions on three subway cars and a double-decker bus in London, killing 52 people and injuring scores of others.

The new attack immediately revived concerns that militants might be targeting the Underground, commonly known as the Tube — the world’s oldest subway system and one of the busiest.

Prime Minister Theresa May returned to London from her constituency in Maidenhead, west of the capital, and summoned a meeting of the government’s emergency committee, known as Cobra, for the afternoon. Boris Johnson, the foreign secretary, appealed for calm.

This is a developing story.

God Bless.

Here’s How To Be Sure To Continue Seeing Our Content On Facebook


 FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!


Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter!