Like this article?


In the aftermath of the worst mass shooting in American history, new has come out about another equally terrifying plot.

A trio of would-be terrorists were charged last year in connection with a plot to carry out an attack in the Big Apple, Fox News reported. The three men, Abdulrahman El Bahnasawy, a 19-year-old Canadian citizen; Talha Haroon, a 19-year-old U.S. citizen based in Pakistan; and Russell Salic, a 37-year-old citizen of the Philippines, had plotted to target New York City’s subway system as well as Time Square, which sees millions of tourists a year.

According to the New York Post, the three men were charged in September of 2016 after communicating their plans to an undercover agent posing as an ISIS sympathizer. They had planned to carry out the attack during the Muslim holy month of Ramada, and specifically talked about gunning down “women and children.”

“NY Needs to fall. It’s a must,” Haroon said.

Salic, who remains in the Philippines awaiting extradition, was the money man behind the ordeal. According to authorities, he was sending money to Haroon and El Bahnasawy from his home country, while El Bahnasawy gathered bomb making supplies and materials in Canada.

“I wanna kill . . . them in thousands” Haroon allegedly told the undercover. “We have to make a ocean out of their blood .. leave no one standing.”

Meanwhile, Haroon traveled to Pakistan to meet with an explosives expert  “for the purpose of obtaining additional information to be used in building bombs for the planned NYC attacks.”

The trio planned to use guns in the subway system to mow down as many people as they possible could, because it was the “perfect target,” Haroon told the agent.

“When we run out of bullets, we let the {suicide} vests go off,” he said.

The sinister plot also included Times Square.

“We seriously need a car bomb at times square. . Look at these crowds of people!” El Bahnasawy allegedly wrote to the undercover agent on May 12, 2016.

Haroon agreed that the Crossroads of the World was a “perfect spot to hit them” and suggested to his co-conspirators that they could commit a drive-by shooting or “or we surround the whole street and trap them and kill as many as possible,” according to court documents.

In an unexpected twist, their plans were eerily similar to the massacre that took place in Las Vegas on Sunday, killing 59 and wounding nearly 500 others, when a gunman used his hotel room as a sniper’s perch to rain down bullets on the unsuspecting crowd below. El Bahnasawy said he wanted to “shoot up concerts cuz they kill a lot of people.”

In reference to the 2015 terror attack at a concert venue in Paris, France, he said he and his evil co-conspirators should “walk in with guns in our hands. That’s how the Paris guys did it.”

El Bahnasawy pleaded guilty to terror-related charges, including conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction, conspiracy to commit acts of terrorism across national borders, and conspiracy to bomb a public transportation system this past October, after being arrested in May of 2016. He awaits sentencing later this year.

Haroon was arrested in Pakistan in September 2016, and Salic was arrested in the Philippines this past April. Both men await extradition to the U.S.

If you enjoyed this story, be sure to follow Sean Brown on Facebook!



FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!

Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter!

Like this article?

Facebook Comments