Senators warn 9/11 terror network still active in U.S.

Like this article?


(by Paul Sperry, NY Post) — A multicity support network inside America funded by Saudi Arabian officials to aid the 9/11 hijackers was never “taken down” after the attacks, and until a secret report detailing the network is made public, America will remain “vulnerable” to another attack, the former US senator who headed the joint congressional inquiry into 9/11 warns.

More than a decade ago, President George W. Bush mysteriously classified a 28-page section of the “Joint Inquiry Into Intelligence Community Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001.” The documents remain secret under President Obama despite his promise to 9/11 families to release them.

Former Sen. Bob Graham (D-Fla), who co-chaired the joint inquiry, says releasing the 28-page chapter — which was “censored from word one to the last word” over the objection of he and Republican co-chair Sen. Richard Shelby — would ¬expose shocking details on the terrorism plot that killed nearly 3,000 people. Allegedly, they identify Saudi officials, agents and other contact men for the hijackers.

Saudi support cells were set up in a number of US cities, coast to coast — including Paterson, NJ, Delray Beach, Fla., Sarasota, Fla., Falls Church, Va., Alexandria, Va., Los Angeles, San Diego and Phoenix — but were never properly investigated, Graham says.

As a result, he fears the terror support network was never abandoned and remains intact today, ready to be used for an encore attack.

“There’s no evidence the network prior to 9/11 has been taken down,” Graham said. “And in terms of our national security, we would be foolish to assume it has been taken down and end up more vulnerable.

“That’s another reason why releasing these 28 pages is so important: If this was in existence in 2000 and 2001, what is it in 2014?”

Al Qaeda last week called on terrorists secreted inside America to carry out car-bomb attacks in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, DC, Alexandria, Va., and other cities.

The Saudi-funded mosques where the hijackers received help obtaining housing, IDs and other aid remain open for business, including the so-called “9/11 mosque” in Falls Church. Investigators say the Saudi Embassy-financed Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center continues to be a breeding ground for terrorists, yet the government never shut it down.

Far from it, the Virginia legislature recently passed a controversial resolution “commending” the mosque — which was run by Saudi-sponsored al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who ministered to some of the Pentagon-cell hijackers — “as an expression of the [state] General Assembly’s admiration” for the center.

Continue reading…



Like this article?

Facebook Comments