Woman Nearly DIES In This State After Spider Bite

Like this article?


A 29-year-old woman was left on the brink of death after being bitten by a venomous spider as she slept next to her husband.

Claressa Coleman, from Arkansas, thought the jab that felt ‘like a pin’ in her shoulder was from a mosquito – but it later turned out to be from a poisonous brown recluse spider.

Initially thinking it was nothing to be concerned about, she went back to sleep. But she went on to spend a month in hospital and ballooned 28 POUNDS in weight, Daily Mail reports.

Mac Slavo at SHTF reports that she was unaware of the tell-tale symptoms of a brown recluse bite, such as the black mark where she was bitten and the bouts of vomiting. But the blood tests confirmed the doctors’ suspicions. Coleman was allergic to the baby spider’s poison, which caused her kidneys to fail. She also had convulsions in her stomach every five minutes, leading doctors to believe she could be pregnant.

Claressa Coleman, from Arkansas, was bitten by a brown recluse spider

Coleman’s entire body swelled and she became almost unrecognizable. Doctors gave the 29-year-old woman blood tests and dye injections which indicated she had the poison from the notorious brown recluse spider in her body. The arachnid is one of North America’s three venomous spiders, alongside the black widow and Chilean recluse. Doctors believe that Coleman was bitten by a baby spider despite the fact that its impact on her body was far from small.


The spider had bitten directly into an artery, injecting its poison straight into her bloodstream, so it raced through her body quickly making her much iller and more susceptible to its venom. She was also allergic to the venom, which made her month-long hospital stay agonizing.

After her kidneys failed, Coleman was hooked up to a dialysis machine, sedated, and had the dead skin cut from her arm. She said, “By this point, the hole in my arm was growing. You could fit your pinkie finger in it.”

Coleman said, “There has been a long-term impact on my kidneys. Now I am just recovering and thankful I am alive.”

If you suspect you’ve been bitten by a brown recluse spider, you should go to the emergency room immediately. This is because, in the unlikely chance that you do have a complication, it can be a serious condition. These can include blood disorders, kidney failure, coma, or even death. Complications like these are more likely to happen in children and older adults. Not all bites are life-threatening, but they can progress quickly, as Claressa Coleman found out.

Finally, after about three weeks, Mrs Coleman’s body began to fight the infection and she gradually came to.

And in mid-July – with a newfound terror of spiders – she was allowed home. But she was still very weak.

Mrs Coleman said: ‘There has been a long-term impact on my kidneys. Now I am just recovering and thankful I am alive.’

Mrs Coleman is now raising funds for the money spent during her stay in hospital. Anyone wanting to donate can do so here.

Our prayers go out to this young lady and we wish her the best.

FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!



 Please share this on all Social Media!

Like this article?

Facebook Comments