The gunman who killed three inside a Denver-area Walmart Wednesday evening, sparking mass panic and an all-night manhunt, was nabbed during a raid on an apartment building just eight miles from the scene, a report said.

Scott Ostrem, 47, was taken into custody after police stopped his red Mitsubishi Mirage at an intersection less than 10 miles away from the Walmart he had attacked, FOX31 Denver reported.

Authorities descended on an apartment complex believed to be associated with Ostrem in a suburb north of Denver. When they arrived, he was nowhere to be seen, but his distinct red car was spotted driving past the apartment complex just before 8 a.m.

47-year-old Scott Ostrem opened fire on a Walmart Wednesday night.  He is believed to have fled in a car just prior to the arrival of the local authorities. They used the store security video footage to help identify the shooter and he was considered “armed and dangerous” at the time.

Ostrem walked into the Walmart on Wednesday evening at approximately 6:00 p.m. local time in Thorton, a suburb located on the north side of Denver, and just opened fire into a crowd of shoppers. Walmart employees and shoppers ran for cover in the backroom of the store for cover and hid there as shots rang out until Ostrem ran out the back door some five to ten minutes later. Many witnesses describe Ostrem’s demeanor as “nonchalant” as he opened fire on the unsuspecting shoppers.

A witness told local news affiliate FOX31 Denver of the harrowing events that unfolded –

“I was just picking up my last item and about to head towards the checkout. Heard two slow pops that sounded like they were coming from the front checkout area and then started to run as about four more shots rang out a little faster. At that point, everyone was just running and screaming.”

Aaron Stephens was in the self-checkout line when he heard a single shot, followed by two additional bursts of gunfire.  That is when panic ensued and people started running for the exits as fast as they could.

Stephens stated –

“The employees started screaming. Customers were screaming. They were running like crazy, and I ran out too because I didn’t want to get killed.”

Police describe Ostrem as a middle-aged man wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, and a maroon shirt.  They are also searching for the getaway vehicle – a four-door Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback.

Police are not considering this a terror event at this time but currently believe this shooting to be a random act.  Investigators from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) were on hand to review security video and interview witnesses in an effort to help identify the shooter. The amount of rounds fired is currently unknown.

Thornton police spokesman Victor Avila states of the possible motive of Ostrem –

“This is a very heinous act. We don’t know exactly what the motive of the person was, but it was certainly a terrible act.”

Two men died on the scene, and another third victim, a woman died at a hospital from injuries related to the shooting. Authorities have not released any additional information about the victims.

North Suburban Medical Center reported the admission of “two bystanders who came in stable condition.”

Many took to social media to post videos of the mass chaos surrounding the Walmart as emergency vehicles rush to the scene to help the wounded.

FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!


Here’s How To Be Sure To Continue Seeing Our Content On Facebook

Copyright 2017 Americas Freedom Fighters/ AFF Media. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without expressed permission.

Please share this on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook Has Banned Us!

The leftists at Facebook decided they didn’t like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn’t want you to see!

Disqus Comments